Top 5 Apps to take the stress out of the Home Selling Process
Top 5 Apps to Take the Stress Out of the Home-Selling Process
By Keith Loria
With hundreds of new apps being introduced on a consistent basis, it’s often difficult to stay on top of the latest and greatest to ensure you’re getting the most out of your mobile device. While there have always been great apps available for house hunters, more recently, some wonderful apps for sellers have come to fruition.
Here are five apps that will make your life easier if you’re in the process of selling your home.
1. Handyman Calculator. Before putting your home on the market, you’re most likely going to want to fix up a few things around the house, and this app is the perfect tool to make sure your home improvement is done right. Whether you’re repainting the walls, retiling the bathroom or hanging photos, this app will help you figure out the proper measurements and material you’ll need to get the job done. Not only will the Handyman Calculator calculate the proper square footage of a project, it will get you one step closer to becoming a home repair expert.
2. DecorPad. If you’re looking to catch the eye of a potential buyer, this interior design app is the way to go. Browse photos from top designers to inspire your own home decorating and create a look even a stager would be jealous of. DecorPad can be used for any room in the house, and also offers a “steals and deals” section where sellers can find furniture and other home décor on sale.
3. Breathe2Relax. Selling a home can be a stressful time with house hunters coming and going, bids falling through or just the agonizing waiting that often accompanies the process. Breathe2Relax is the perfect stress management tool, providing numerous ideas on how to relax. Breathing exercises have been documented to decrease the body’s stress response, and help with mood stabilization, anger control, and anxiety management—all things that can come into play during a home sale.
4. Remember The Milk. The list of things you need to accomplish when selling a house is myriad. There’s decluttering, making small repairs, doing paint touchups, tending to the yard and making sure the house is always presentable. Staying organized can be tough, but thanks to this handy app, you can create lists and schedules that will get everyone in your family on the same page so everyone knows what their responsibilities are. Users can set tasks, organize them into lists, and get reminders via email and text when something is due.
5. iMoving. This innovative app will help a seller through the moving process once a bid is finally accepted and it’s time to move out. Not only can the app gauge how much stuff you have in each room, it can also provide tips on the best way to pack. This handy app offers a room by room guide so you don’t forget anything in your packing details, and it can also calculate the approximate price it’ll cost to move by providing estimates in weight and cubic feet. It’s the perfect way to make moving hassle-free.
For more information about apps available for home sellers, contact our office today.
Reprinted with permission from RISMedia. ©2014. All rights reserved.